Next week I'll be saddling a camel and driving it around Egypt for a month or so.
If not for the mess and dust I wouldn't even recognize my life. I'm currently living so far outside the box, I don't even remember what it was like in there.
Did you read Shonda Rhimes book The Year of Yes? That's my motto. I say yes. I have for years.
- yes, I'd love to come visit you, nice person who issues a casual invite
- yes, I'd love to go to that writer conference
- yes, I'll read that book
- yes, I'll meet you for a coffee to talk BOOKS or WRITING
- yes, I'll come to your writer weekend
- yes, I'd love to go to Egypt on a study tour with some Egyptologists
Because this is my life and I want to do the things I've waited my whole life for!
Being alone allows me to recharge. It doesn't mean I don't love you.
Do I say yes to things that scare me? No. I say hell yes.
I'm enjoying writing A Vampire's Tale of Woe nearly as much as I enjoyed writing Bitch Witch.
Wednesdays. I'm calling it Vampire Wednesday, or Wampire Wednesday if it really has to start with a w. I think you'll enjoy Drake and Dorcas as much as I do.
If you'd like to follow my adventures in Egypt, I plan to post pictures to my Instagram, SRKarfelt. I'll check in here too, so leave me a message. Tell me what you're saying yes to, and would it involve eating camel meat? Is that really a thing? Would that go in the stupid choice column?