|Photo Credit Bailey Catherine (Use with Photographer Consent Only)|
- Easy access to one of my favorite destinations—the Grand Canyon!
- Hotel rooms that look like they do in movies.
- If you don’t gamble it’s not all that expensive!
- It’s perfectly acceptable to be a night owl in Vegas.
- The themed hotel/casinos.
- Pictures from the top of the Eiffel Tower.
- The conservatory at the Bellagio.
- Gondolas inside the Venetian.
- Try to see them all.
- Shows—they’re often over the top and involve glitter. I mean what more could you want? Get cheap seats and see two.
- Fun workouts. There’s yoga with dolphins (Mirage), or aerial yoga (off the strip), giant gyms in the hotels, or just walk the strip until your legs give out (you can take the tram back).
- Epic window shopping. You can collect free samples if you can resist the sales pitches, and try on dresses that cost more than your car.
- Holey Spa, Batman. Have you ever gone in a Vegas spa? Here’s the scoop, the services are pricey, but you can get any service and spend the entire day using the spa’s facilities. Sometimes you can even just pay for a day pass. They have assorted rain rooms, steams rooms, and other magical delights. I spent three days in a salt grotto. I take advantage of this feature.
- My favorite Vegas spas are in the Venetian (Canyon Ranch, you must go there), and the Bellagio. My roomie loved the Mirage spa too. I’m sorry I couldn’t leave the salt grotto to check out any more.
- The weather. It’s the desert, there is sun there a lot of the time. Take all the sunscreen and moisturizer you have if you go.
- The bathrooms. Sweet Pete, they’re amaze-balls. My roomie and I did bathroom mirror selfies out of awe for the work that went into them!
- The people. I meet the nicest people there. From Rosa who cheerfully accepted my freebie tea coupons every morning, to my Bulgarian cab driver who told me about working in a fish processing plant in -40° weather (writers ask a lot of questions), to the lady who ran the elevator to the top of the Eiffel Tower and sang to me, they were terrific.
|Photo Credit B.C. Permission Only|