|S. R. Karfelt|
Friday, September 27, 2013
Every Day Things
Unless you’re a character in a novel or film, ya gotta do everyday things, and I for one suck at them. The organization and implementation of everyday things doesn’t look very impressive on my life resume.
· Getting up on time. McFail.
· Breakfast. I eat the same thing every single morning (oatmeal) because I simply can’t make these sorts of decisions in the morning. Problem: It takes me an hour to cook and eat it. After years of breakfast oatmeal, I kinda have to force feed it to myself, and who’s feeling cooperative in the morning? McFail.
· Working out. I do this everyday because I basically sit for a living. I turned my dining room into an exercise room thanks to Dear Hubby’s prowess on eBay. I usually finish up about noon despite that convenience. Workout good, noon? McFail.
· Time for the day to begin. What’s for lunch? (Kidding, mostly.)
· Shower or write first? Since I pass my office on the way to the shower, guess which one usually wins? I am so glam.
· When forced to leave the house, shower always wins. (You’re welcome.)
· Leaving the house for any reason usually consumes the entire day. Because it is then that I realize:
o Car needs gas.
o Gas needs money.
o Haven’t checked the P.O. Box for book related stuff in…awhile and I need to mail books to people.
o Staples for office supplies. You need big envelopes to mail books to people.
o Ooh, there’s Barnes & Noble nearby, I need books too.
o B&N is next to TJMaxx and I still need a new purse. Mission Accomplished, and then some, one hour later.
o Target is across the street, wouldn’t paper towels be nice! Once inside I stock up hoping I never have to return.
§ Lifetime supply of paper products.
§ Lightbulbs, most are burned out.
§ New lamp. Some assembly required. Rut roh, Scooby.
§ Baggies. Do I need these? I don’t know, but I won’t again this year.
o Speaking of Christmas, the mall is nearby. I have coupons for candles from three different stores. So I go there.
§ Bath & Bodyworks – candles.
§ Yankee Candle – candles.
§ Hallmark – candles.
§ Stagger back to my car with fifty pounds of candles.
§ Guess wot’s for Christmas? (Don’t tell.)
§ Yes I’m thinking about Christmas. There shall be two novels written, NaNoWriMo, and conferences between here and there. It’s candles, folks, and maybe a box of baggies.
o Lunch time. Stop at my favorite café. Visit with people.
o Post office fifteen minutes before it closes. Oops, realize these books aren’t all getting mailed domestic. In fifteen minutes I fill out five customs forms AND help a senior citizen with her parcels. *Feeling Amazing*
o Dang, forgot to check the P.O. Box…again.
· Back at home Dear Hubby is waiting, politely wondering what is for dinner. Why, oh why does anyone ever ask me this question? Go out? Um, okay.
· And that is how an entire day to write begins at 9:00 p.m. McFail.
Hey, I'm back from my long trip to Greece. It was great. How can it be anything but great? I went to Greece for almost a month, but it w...
The Glitter Globe/S. R. Karfelt Have you ever had an obsession? Something that launches you out of bed in the morning and r...
S.R. Karfelt/The Glitter Globe Today is Release Day for HEARTLESS A Shieldmaiden’s Voice ! I’m throwing an impromptu party....
After writing Nobody Told Me Love in the Time of Dementia my busy story brain got even busier. There were so many other true st...