1. All night write! To music. As loud as I want it. (My neighbors hate me/Speakers are an excellent birthday gift.)
2. Ice-cream for dinner. Every single night.
3. A spotlessly, neat, clean house with all the laundry done. If you haven’t married a hunter/raised children/homeschooled/ran a business/did all your own paperwork to save money – you might not really understand just how intoxicatingly attractive this can be.
4. Working out at midnight. Running the vacuum at midnight. Going to the supermarket at midnight.
5. Calling your night-owl friends/different time-zone friends in the middle of the night and talking until dawn. It’s almost like having a social life.
6. Taking a little “nap” from noon ‘til six, because you forgot to sleep since Sunday. Wait, what day is it?
7. Going to a late night movie on a Tuesday night by yourself. The one nobody else wants to see. The one you will never admit to having gone to see.
8. Electric blanket, entire bed, one dozen books, your Kindle, and a box of crackers. Morning, noon, or night, who cares? Ooooh, Baby.
9. 1/3 of this week’s grocery budget spent at a touristy, lake-side restaurant where you treat yourself to lunch, and you order only off the appetizer and dessert menu. Caprese Salad, Crab Cake, Dark Chocolate Raspberry Torte.
10. When your fisherman returns and says how lucky he is to have such an understanding and supportive wife, and you say, “Anytime Sweetheart. You deserve a break!” And you both really mean it.